Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Rest of Our Guests

We have had quite the variety of house guest over the past couple of weeks. Besides Seabird, we also had one of J's former college roommates visit on his way to and from Puerto Rico. He is now married with two kids, they are all latino (Puerto Rican and Mexican).

It was great meeting his family. They all have beautiful unique names that are hard for me to pronounce because I don't speak Spanish. Unfortunately even after they spent 3 days with us I never did figure out how to pronounce one of the names. She was a baby though so it was a little easier for me to get away without saying it.

The next person to stop by for the night was a dear friend of mine who lives in Michigan. I think some of our earliest bonding moments where spent sharing stories while having a pint... of Ben and Jerry's of course. Earlier that week I just happened to find some $1 tear off coupons at a gas station which came in handy when my Michigan friend was here. I passed out one coupon to everyone and 5 of us piled in the car after dinner and went down to H.E.B. to pick out our favorite flavor. It was a good time.


The last 2 of the 11 out of town guests that we had this month were my mom and dad. My dad comes in on business trips sometimes and he stays with us. My mom flies for free so she came down too. They actually bought another used Volvo while they were here. This will be the replacement for the one that just recently flooded.

Of course Z got spoiled by his grandparents. We did all kinds of fun stuff like the Choo Choo Station and Rain Forest Cafe' at Grapevine Mills.

That pretty much sums up all the visitors that we have had over the past couple weeks. The air mattresses have been deflated and things are pretty mellow around here now, for the most part. However, let us know if you are ever in the DFW area and need a place to stay. Our door is always open!



Photos top to bottom:
Z with our friend from New Mexico
Me and my Michigan friend with our Ben & Jerry's which we did NOT finish
Z and his "Pepae" at the Choo Choo Station

No comments: