Saturday, August 8, 2009

News Week

My plan for this week was to get caught up on all the latest happenings in the news stream and do my own assessment of it all. I watched a little bit of news, and read some articles on line, but my last two blogs probably indicate where my mind has really been.

There is a part of me that doesn't want to be the typical american that is oblivious to what is happening outside of their own little suburb. So I do my best become the studious philosophical type that is well informed on the global affairs and political matters, but the moment I think I can pull it off my son gets in front of the TV singing "I like to move it, move it" or I get a call from my brother saying that his band is in town and wants to crash at our place. Then I start thinking about more serious matters *like my dad being in the hospital for a possible heart attack, or my son's upcoming eye surgery.

These aren't just random scenario's that I made up, it's just a little glimpse at the the type of week I've had. These are the newsreels that surround my everyday life. So I might feel kind of out of touch when it comes to current events, but my main focus is going to be my family and community. Those are the headlining stories that matter to me the most right now. Not to say that I don't want to be aware of what is going on in the world, but I think I'm okay with the snip-its of news that I get in passing. For example did you hear about the 500 pound Houston inmate that successfully snuck a gun into prison by hiding it in his fat rolls? That's Texas for ya.



* My dad was in the hospital overnight this past Thursday being evaluated for symptoms of a heart attack, but Praise God he is healthy and everything is fine. As far as Z's surgery he has a pre operation appointment coming up next week and the surgery which we scheduled a couple days ago isn't until the end of September.

No comments: