Thursday, August 27, 2009

Top 5 Complaints

I don't like to be a whiner, but sometimes you just have to let it all out. Like nurmisur commented when I announced the pregnancy

"Good thing about having blog is that you can complain about morning sickness, cramps, and the whole thing as much as you want"

So I am going to take her up on that and list my top 5 pregnancy complaints for the first trimester.

1. Obviously nausea is a biggie. So far no actual vomiting unlike my last pregnancy. I still feel really sick though if I haven't eaten in a few hours, and then it's hard to find something I actually feel like eating. Oh, and then there is brushing the teeth and flossing, talk about a gag fest.

2. I am really in between clothes right now. I am definitely out of my regular clothes, but the maternity clothes are still too big. I have a few items that I wear over and over at this time.

3. No one likes having to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes. Maybe it's not that bad, but it feels like it, especially at night.

4. Speaking of night, I am still having those weird dreams. They range from bizarre dreams to night mares. Sometimes they startle me and I will wake up gasping. Needless to say between that and the ongoing emptying of the bladder I get very little sleep.

5. I have saved the strangest for last. I have struggled with having headaches during this pregnancy, but mostly when I am on Facebook. I know it sounds crazy, but I guess it's the small photos, combined with scrolling and reading. I can't do it anymore. I have to read slowly then stop and scroll down. 'Scrolling" linked with nausea. I guess that is not a pregnancy symptom of our ancestors.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, good point about number 5... maybe it'll make it in the next edition of "what to expect..."

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! Hmm, could be what they call email apnea. It's a real thing! I read it ... somewhere. Your eyes start messing with you when you've been looking at a screen for too long and it can make you feel horrible. Hang in there!

nurmisur said...

See, don't you feel better to let it out ? ;)
Number 5 is really interesting.I think crazylovescompany is right, your eyes just can't keep up with everything. Also I read somewhere that during pregnancy your vision is affected and during the first months after the baby is born they also adapt so you can see the slightest thing that happens to your baby.
Pregnant women have super powers I say, sometimes is just dificult to adapt to them.

{amy} said...

One thing good about complaining on your blog is that nobody has to "hear" it unless they want to! :)

I've been crazy busy, but I wanted to say that I don't mind you linking up to me at all, & I'm so glad your brother liked us! :) We think he's cool, too! I'm hoping to see Seabird again when they're here in October. Do you think he'll still be playing with them?