Monday, September 27, 2010

ANGRY Bird Invasion

I don't watch TV these days, and other than the weekly coupon inserts I don't read the paper, so my news feed is limited to what I see on my Yahoo home page. I have some other friends that are the same way. Sometimes we go around sharing what we read on Yahoo news that day and the topics can range anywhere from babies swapped at birth to why bacon in desserts is all the rage. This week I am going to blog about what I read on Yahoo news each day.

There were lots of fascinating blurbs today, but the one I am going to highlight is about the Angry Birds sensation.

In case you haven't heard or unlike me don't have a husband addicted to this app, Angry Birds is a game that you can play on your iphone. The article I read describes it as

"a simple game that challenges players to catapult birds with various abilities at structures containing egg-stealing pigs"

Does that sound like a winner or what? The truth is my husband loves it, my 3 year old loves it, and I wouldn't say I love it, but I have catapulted birds a few times myself and I even beat J's score once! The game is actually pretty fun and definitely an original. The App is currently approaching 18 million downloads and apparently it's a pretty big deal that is starting to expand beyond just iphones.

What (if any) electronic games do you or your family members play? Words With Friends? Family Feud? Tertris anyone? I guess we all need the occasional stress reliever.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't' have an iphone. I was hooked on Farmville, when suddenly gathering all that stuff was just annoying. I've moved on to family feud. Sometimes I love it and sometimes I feel as dumb as a brick and don't even post my results. LOL. Angry birds sounds fun.
N.L.W.

{amy} said...

I hadn't heard of Angry Birds until Erick & Alyssa's visit last month. I think he's addicted! I haven't given into the trend & downloaded it. I'll stick with Line Up! I had the free version, but I beat it & ended up buying the pro version! I only paid 59 cents though, because I had a little iTunes store credit! ;)

Crystal said...

That looks like fun actually! I don't have an iphone though, but if I ever get one there is one app I will definitely try!!
I too only get my news by reading the yahoo home page. We don't have cable anymore- not that I watched the news then either, and we don't get a paper at all.

Alicia said...

Hilarious. I have never even heard of this. But then again, I've never played farmville, either. This generation has lost me!

Meredith D said...

LOVE angry birds!! we play it on our ipod touch. we were pretty addicted at first. its funny how the pigs' sound effects make you angry if you fail to complete the round. they laugh at you. so not cool! it is definitely a fun game though. we dont play a lot of electronic games but we love board games!

Daddy-O said...

OK. You intrigued me enough to download the light version on my iPhone while killing time at the airport. Now they need to make one called "Angry at Birds" http://www.messymom.com/2010/05/flying.html

Rachel Moss said...

Oh, goodness. My Jeremy loves Angry Birds, too.