Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bed Time Battles


No bed of roses here. Dora the Explorer cinamon puffs maybe, but definitely no roses.

My parents are in town right now and when my dad stayed at home to watch the kids while I went shopping I told him that Z could wake up from his nap whenever. My mom was kind of surprised because usually I am really anal about his nap time, like "DON'T let him sleep longer than an hour or else!!!" We have always had the hardest time getting Z to go to bed at a decent hour. However on this occasion I decide to not worry about it. Unfortunately he did take a long nap and that night I would face the consequences.

11:00 pm- Z is just as wired as ever as I try and wrestle him into his pajamas.

12:00 am- I am laying in bed with him threatening him with everything I can think of hoping he will settle down. I begin to fall asleep myself, but he is still awake.

1:00 am- I am having to ask forgiveness for the emotions that are boiling in me at this time and soon after that he FINALLY drifts off to sleep.

3:00am- Z is in the threshold of our door laying on the floor screaming like a cat that had been hit by a car. I have no clue why he was acting this way. Eventually he settles down and joins us in our bed.


5:00 am- The baby wakes up. This wakes Z up and he starts crying and desperately screaming "I am SOOOO hungry!" By this time I am completely out of it. I needed groceries and couldn't think of any quick fixes to silence this monsterous being that my 3 year old had suddenly turned into.

5:15 am- In my state of delirium I grab a box of cereal dump some in a cup and practically throw it at my child as we both stumble back into the bedroom desperate for rest.

8:00 am- I hear my parents rustling about in the other room, but the kids are both finally asleep and there is no way I am getting out of bed.

10:00 am- I manage to half way open my eyes and hesitantly start the day only to enter the kitchen and be greeted by hords of laughter coming from my parents as bits of cinamon puffs fall off of me to the floor one by one.

I looked like a giant rice krispy treat. The cereal that I gave Z ended up all over the bed which I rolled around in and had stuck all over me from head to toe.

10:15 am- I vow to never let my little angel sleep in EVER again!

This post is linked to Friday Fails over at My Blessed Life.

4 comments:

Janna said...

It's so hard to get some extra rest these days huh? I feel your droopy eyelids as a mom of 2yr old myself.

Anyway, I'm Janna the gal who runs the Mommy's Piggy Tales blog about recording your youth.

I saw you mention you might like to get involved sometime on Olivia's blog and I thought I'd just let you know I'm starting a second session Oct. 7. Here's a link to find out more details. I'd love to have you participate!

http://www.mommyspiggytales.com/getting-started/

{amy} said...

Yikes! That sounds like Cody at Z's age if he took a nap after 4pm. Not so fun! I hope that never happens to you again! Glad you were able to make your parents laugh with your cereal bit, though! ;)

Kimberly said...

Kids and their naps! Hoping for a good nights sleep tonight for ya. :)

Anonymous said...

i wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. i can relate to "practically throwing the cereal at my child" - it's never been in the middle of the night, but frustrating moments come in all shapes and sizes. :) in another ten years you'll have to drag Z out of bed. :P