Saturday, September 18, 2010

In The Fall

Last week I reviewed my list of 10 things that I was looking forward to this summer and so this week I am posting 10 things I have to look forward to this fall.


1. The Captured conference for young women
I just got back from this and it was amazing. I will have to write about it sometime in the near future.

2. Scarborough Fair
is a big annual renaissance festival held in our town. I have never been, but I did pick up a brochure for it the other day and this just might be our year to check it out.

3. Halloween costumes
for the kids. We've been planning this one since cow appreciation day.

4. Being in a magazine.
I am being featured in Waxahachie Now, which is the magazine that I work for only this time I will be on the other end of things and although the article won't come out until February I will be interviewed in a couple weeks. I have to admit I am a little bit nervous.

5. Writing my first song.
It's in the making, but shhh. It's a surprise so I can't elaborate on the details yet.

6. SJ's baby dedication
She has a very special 6-9 month outfit that some of her cousins were dedicated in. I don't know when we will do this, but it will be before she grows out of that dress!

7. Speaking at a women's meeting
Next month I am going to be teaching at a women's meeting at our church for the first time. Then the in November I will be co leading a session at girl's conference for the youth group. I am excited and nervous.

8. New Old Clothes
I've got some stylin' new thrift store finds for this season! I am so excited I have almost pulled out the jackets and boots in this 90 degree weather, but I am using restraint. SJ has some adorable boots too.

9. Our anniversary of course!

10. Thanksgiving
We rotate Thanksgiving and Christmas every year. This year will be at my in laws which means TONS of food, lots of people, and my favorite part of our family tradition- GAMES!

4 comments:

{amy} said...

This looks like a great list! I really should make one for the fall, so I will actually do the things I always intend to do!

Crystal said...

Sounds like you have a busy and fun fall ahead of you! I usually plan early for costume but this year I am debating about doing any! Last year we didn't really do much in terms of going out in them. Our church doesn't really offer anything anyway...can't decide.
I so want to go to one of those fairs sometime. My brother actually goes occassionally and some good friends do regularly, but we don't live close to anything like that right now... :(
Well have fun!!

Tiffany @ No Ordinary Homestead said...

Sounds like it's going to be a fantastic fall! This is a really great idea...I just might have to steal it :)

Ashley Wells said...

I love fall!!! Thanks for sharing your list!