Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Tweeting Adventure

MySpace was the first social network I had ever heard of. I remember the day a friend of mine was doing his best to explain what it was and talk my husband and I into signing up. I was reluctant. At first I wouldn't even post my own photo because I was chicken, so naturally I used a photo of a chicken for my profile pic. Granted I worked on a farm at the time so this was a chicken I knew personally. Pretty quickly the whole form of communication picked and everyone was doing it. I had hundreds of "friends" and was pretty obsessed. Then all my friends started getting into Facebook. Once again I was reluctant. Why would I want to start up on a new site when this one has done a perfectly sufficient job at taking over my life. Eventually it only made sense to switch over to where my friends and family were and still are. I personally don't know many twitterers, but it seems to be the bloggy thing to do. I am not really ready to fully submerse myself into tweeting, but I did start an account yesterday and started following some of my favorite worship artist and this morning I posted my first tweet. I wanted to talk about how when I went to sleep last night I had the bed to myself and by the morning I was sharing it with my entire family of four. Of course it that was too many characters so I had to rewrite it.
The way I see it I have nothing to loose, it's like a nose ring (you can always take it out if you decide you don't like it). If nothing else I can get some great deals by following and tweeting about some of my favorite places. Who knows I may turn into a full blown tweety bird, and just about the time I finally get into it everyone will switch over to flutter.

This my latest adventure. Check out Alicia's Homemaking for other Try New Adventure Thursday posts!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Ahhhh! Welcome to twitter! I just followed you, girlfriend.
:)
Thanks for linking up!
Alicia

{amy} said...

Good for you! I haven't done the whole twitter thing, but my mister is a twit (or whatever)! I have a hard enough time remembering to update my fb status, so on Tuesday it still looks like I'm at church or something!

Anonymous said...

That video was hilarious! I got a Twitter account when I started my blog, again because it seemed like I couldn't blog without one, but I rarely remember to use it. Oh, well.