Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Wedding Planner

I know everyone is probably sick of hearing me talk about our anniversary coming up, but I just can't help it. Over the past month I have been almost as giddy as I was when I was planning for our actual wedding day 10 years ago.

In my lifetime I have photographed around 60 weddings and been to even more. I love being a part of the joining of two lives into a new covenant. It such a beautiful moment and one that should be celebrated, but what matters even more is what comes after the wedding is over and the new couple lives out their vows with love, honor, and faithfulness. That is why I want to mark this milestone in our lives. It was either that or a cruise and we can't afford to get away right now (ha ha).

Last week we went ring shopping. Even though we are going to purchase some very modestly priced rings online we still wanted to see some in person and try them on and get accurate sizing.
Photo from our ring shopping date.


We have all of our "wedding" attire picked out. J got a new shirt, I am borrowing a dress from a friend and the kids are wearing clothes that they already own. The colors are navy, grayish blue, and white. It sounds crazy, but it is all coming together quite nicely. Yesterday I finally found a dress for my original flower girl who is a young lady now.
With my flower girl..

I thought we would have to alter it, but it fit perfectly and she was just beaming when she tried it on and showed it off to everyone.

There is still a lot to do, but I am loving every minute of it. Only 7 weeks to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see you kick her up and hug her like that now. LOL. It's hard to remember her that small.
N.L.W.