Saturday, September 11, 2010

Kidventure

It was like being in a maze of darkness and I wasn't sure whether to be on the offense or defense. My heart was pounding. What am I doing? How did I even get here? Holding the gun tightly against my chest I traversed between barricades. Suddenly I saw a beam of red light and that's when it happened. In the midst of my scrambled thoughts I had been shot.
Note to self: Do not to wear white pants if and when you ever play lazer tag in black light again. It makes for too easy of a target.


My parents, husband, and kids discovered Amazing Jakes earlier this week. Amazing Jakes is basically 9,000 square feet of pure shameless entertainment. On Tuesday's if you want to go all out you can get everything for $17 a person (and 3 and under are free!). This means all inclusive access to the food, drinks, and attractions.

We spent the whole day there until we were practically kicked out at 9:00 pm. We partook in the all you can eat buffet 3 separate times throughout the day.

One of our meals we ate in the cinema where we watched the end of Up. I cried again. We rode the train, go-carts, carousel and virtual roller coaster countless times. We played video games where we raced each other and had dance offs.

I even tweeted when I got home-
"I am okay with loosing, but it's hard when the opponent is your dad, and the game is Dance Dance Revolution."




There was even a rock wall and putt putt which we never got around to. I felt like a kid again. Even though this was part of Z's ongoing birthday celebration I think our whole family got something out of it. Amongst all of the laughs and thrills I also learned that you are never too old to enjoy a little kidventure.


This post is linked up with Try New Adventures Thursday over at Alicia's Homemaking (9-16-10)

5 comments:

Mrs Happy Homemaker said...

Oh, that looks so fun!

Ive done the laser tag thing before, but that was forever ago. Oh, and dont feel bad about wearing the white pants. Last time I went, I wore a thin shirt with a white bra underneath. Needless to say, it wasn't my most glamourous moment! haha

Crystal said...

Wow! I wish we had one of those near us! All of us need a kidventure once and while, helps keep us young at heart- which is where it counts most :) especially when you have children of your own!! I think my husband is an awesome father, and part of that is because he knows how to get down and have fun with the kids and acts like a kid too (but also an adult and parent when the time is right as well).

Michele R said...

I think someone will want future b-day parties here!
Sounds like so much fun. Mine have had laser tag parties -- but not at a place as cool as that) or gone to them and they too learned that dark clothes are best.

{amy} said...

How fun!! I've never actually done the whole laser tag thing, but I've been there when my kids played! I'll have to give it a try next time! :)

Alicia said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun! It's been a looooong time since I played Dance Dance Revolution! Sounds like you really got a great deal, too!
LOL about the white pants...:)
Thanks for linking up to Try New Adventures Thursday.
Alicia