Saturday, September 25, 2010

Letter to SJ (6 months)

In June I wrote a letter to my baby girl and intend to write one every 3 months. This is the 2nd in the series.

Dear SJ,

I can't believe you have been in my life for half a year now. You are such a sweet tempered beautiful baby. Your eyes sparkle in a way I have never seen in all my life. Right now your eyes are grey and brown with flecks of green, they still haven't completely changed color yet. Your hair has gradually changed from a deep dark brown, to a slightly lighter shade.

There was another baby girl born recently that goes to our church and lives pretty close to our house. There are lots of kids at the church that are close to your age. It will be fun to see you when you get old enough to play and run around together. Before you know it you will be 6 years instead of 6 months and will start to learn what friendship is all about. Mommy has a little thing that helps her remember what is important in life and that is the 3 Fs. Faith. Family. Friends.

Every girl needs a good group of friends. Other girls that you can be yourself around. Mommy feels incredibly blessed to have awesome friends and this week I got to hang out with some my girlfriends twice in a row! First some of my very best friends came to help me make invitations for mommy and daddy's 10 year anniversary.
You were right there with us, but you fell asleep in the highchair.

Then today some girls that I have known and been close friends with for a very long time all came over to our house to finally meet you.
They all held you and talked about how cute you are. All that girl time must tire you out though because by the time they left you were sound asleep again.

I pray that your life will be full of many meaningful friendships. Friends that will be there for you through thick and thin, full of good times, and reflecting the love of Jesus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is precious... truly precious. i loved hanging out with the girls - ya'll are the best. :) and i'd really like a copy of that photo (and the one with the hand in the air - lol). :)

{amy} said...

So sweet! What would we do without our girlfriends?!