Thursday, September 2, 2010

Video Chat

It's another part of our society today that feels like a scene from of the Jetsons. Video chats are becoming a standard form of communication especially over long distances. For some people it's just a cool computer feature, but as someone who has loved ones all over the country it's so much more. It has brought my family together when we wouldn't have been able to be otherwise. When I found out we were pregnant with our first child we planned a video conference for my dad's birthday. Then we surprised my dad with a special "birthday rap" which at the end revealed that they were going to be grandparents! My brother and sister in Atlanta were in one frame, the rest of my family in Kentucky was in another and of course we were in Dallas, but everyone got to hear the news together and we got to see their reactions. It was a moment I will never forget.

Since my family is in Kentucky sometimes the kids and I will travel and skype with J while we are away.

This was really early in the morning. J had some major bed head. He would kill me if he knew I posted this. Good thing he doesn't read my blog.


I do have some of our video conferences from the past few years recorded, but nothing that wouldn't bore you to death so instead I will just leave you with a video we did using the Apple photo booth a few months ago. It will melt your heart.



Skype and Web Cams may not be one of the FINER things in life, but getting to see the ones you love even though they are far away is. Check out Amys finer things for more of what matters most!

2 comments:

{amy} said...

Aw! So sweet!! I love being able to Skype with my friends in England. They were here when we bought the house but not when we moved in, so it was really great to take my mister's laptop around the house & give a virtual tour!! Yay for the finer things!

{Thank you for your comment & the link to that video. It was so good! I love that song & knew that he wrote it after a friend's death, but I didn't know the whole story & how he processes things through music. I like that. So much of what he said is how I feel, and I love the way he put it. Like how God isn't offended that I'm angry & how He wants to hang with me through this. Good stuff! I may have to blog about it some time! & I think you're right about the timing of my blog. I express more on there than I ever thought I would & more than I share out loud with people sometimes.}

Anonymous said...

i was thinking "is that j's hair or a light fixture above his head?" lol...