Wednesday, September 22, 2010

BOWS

In the past 6 months (since I had my baby girl) I have had to learn to attach accessories to a nearly bald head. It's an art form that I am just learning as I go.
This barrette is from Claire's

One very old school option that I have tried is using corn syrup. Be careful with this one it doesn't take much. It does work though. She had this little flower barrette stuck to her hair for an all day wedding and then I was worried that it wasn't going to come out, but just a little bit of baby soap and water was all it took.

Of course there is the classic giant bow or flower on a wide headband.
I bought this bow from my friend who makes them.



Then there are the tiny bows on the small elastic headband.
This headband is from Target.

It didn't take long before I decided I wanted to do more with colors and barrettes so I removed the attached bow and now I can just interchange whatever clip I want.

Like this 4th of July bow that coordinated with her outfit.

I even used the same headband for the cow ears from her Chic-Fil-A costume.

Lastly I have modified simple clips in the same way, by removing the embellishment and adding my own little bow. If your baby really doesn't have any hair you can just skip the clip altogether and use the corn syrup or attach the bow to a head band.

The flower clips were also from Target.



These are just some of things I have done with bows for my baby and so far it works for me.

1 comment:

{amy} said...

Cute! I remember being so happy when I could finally just use a clip or hair band!