Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Link Ups

Birth is supposed to be scary, gross, and nasty right? Well, that is what society tells us and that is why so many people feel that way. However there are plenty of women AND men who appreciate the joy and beauty of the miracle of childbirth. Amy at amyfinerthings just had her 4th baby 3 days ago and is celebrating labor day by hosting a labor day link up where those of us birth junkies (as my friend Hannah calls it) get to share and read stories about birth!

Some of you have read the story about how my little baby girl came into the world 6 months ago.

However, many of you are maybe newer readers and never heard about the birth center delivery with my first baby.

Both times I had a photographer at my birth. I know this may sound weird especially if you are considering the first sentence of this post, but being a photographer myself it felt totally natural to have the experience documented through the art of photography. Both babies had songs that I felt like the Lord had given me before I even knew their gender. I coordinated the photos of my pregnancy and birth to these songs and both of videos can be seen at the links posted above. I cherish these videos and look forward to doing one with each of my children.

I would encourage you to check out the labor day link ups if you are into that sort of thing. It's actually a very timely post for me because it was on labor day 3 years ago that I went into the family birth services wondering if this was it and that was the night I became a mom.

1 comment:

Kacie said...

I think it would be so neat to have a photographer at the birth! My friend is also a photographer and hired one for her birth, and the photos were just amazing.