Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lady Gaga Photos Irk The Messy Mom

I read this article a couple months ago when it showed up on Yahoo news, but it was in my sidebar again today and I had to chime in on the matter.

The title is Lady Gaga Photos Irks Beatles Fans. The story goes, Sean Lennon (Jon Lennon's son) had a photo of Lady Gaga on his late father's famous piano and posted it on Twitter with a caption that read "With gaga at mom's house, she's belting on the white piano..."Apparently this upset a lot of people who felt like it was a disgrace to the legacy of John Lennon. In turn the fans comments upset Sean Lennon and he told them all to take a chill pill. Well, no actually what he said was "pianos meant are to be played. Why is everyone so uptight? What should we do, lock it away in a dusty room? So judgmental..." Other words were exchanged, nothing rude or offensive, in fact I felt like Sean's comments were more than fair. He's probably used to this kind of input involving anything to do with his dad, that just comes with the territory when you are the son of one of the world's most influential musical icons of all time.

On another note when I read that title about the photo "irking" fans and how some people were disturbed all I could think was "aren't all of Lady Gaga's photos disturbing?" I mean really, that women just gives me the heebie jeebies. Her looks reminds me of a female (kind of) Marilyn Manson. I know she is supposed to be the most creative person to ever fall flat on her face in giant platform heels and even the article I just read says that "The pop star was classically trained in the instrument from the age of 4, to prodigal results", but still I just don't get it.

Any of you readers Lady Gaga fans (it's okay, you can be honest), Beatles fans, Beatles rock band game fans? Whose side are you on?

2 comments:

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

I like listening to her music, but I think the things she wears are weird and gross. And, okay, so the lyrics to her songs often are, too. But so darned catchy!

{amy} said...

Honestly, she weirds me out! I love the Beatles music, & Beatles Rock Band is fun, but seriously?! I totally agree with Sean that pianos are meant to be played. Who cares that it was John Lennon's?! {Well, obviously certain Beatles fans do!}