Friday, February 13, 2009

25 Random Facts #16-20



16. My baby wears cloth diapers

I never thought I would use cloth diapers, because that’s just gross right? Well, I am just as notorious for changing my mind as I am for going against the grain. When I was pregnant I spent a lot of time listening to podcasts, reading articles, and talking with friends about the alternative to disposable diapers, but I wasn't entirely convinced. I was concerned with the convenience factor knowing that I would be a part time working mom. All that changed however when I listened to an online series by Rob Bell called "God is Green". He talked about the enormous negative impact of diapers on the environment and I just felt then and there like it was worth it for me to do this. It wasn't some kind of guilt trip, in fact he suggested using "g diapers", never once mentioning the cloth option. Don't get me wrong we use disposables too, but I love the cloth diapers and have no regrets about this decision at all.

17. Some of my husbands nieces and nephew are older then me.

Not only is my husband 6 years older than me, but there is an 18 year span between his oldest sister and younger brother. So not only do I have a niece and nephew that are older than me, but they also have kids of their own, making me a great aunt by the time I was 20.

18. I can sing like the singer from The Cranberries (for those of you not old enough to remember, they were popular Irish rock band from the 90's.)

One time I even sang "Zombie" on a karaoke machine in Costco, how is that for random?

19. I bathe more than I shower.

My husband is quite a bit taller than me and when he remodeled our bathroom he installed the shower head really high. I feel like the water practically evaporates by the time it reaches me and I get cold. Regardless of this matter I have always liked baths and I bathe most of the time. Not that anyone cares about my bathing rituals, but what I do is wash my hair in the faucet as the tub is filling up with water so that my hair doesn't get oily from bath water. Then the bathing actually begins. I know it's odd, but it is relaxing to me.

20. I really enjoy documentaries like Spell Bound, March of the Penguins, and Expelled.

This is another thing that I am a little bit of a lone ranger on. I have even gone to the indie theaters by myself to watch my beloved nerd films. One time I got into a private VIP screening of March of the Penguins premier. I just happened to be talking to the right person at the right time and they got me on the list. I had never been on a list before, it was very exciting.



Photo: Some of baby Z's diapers hanging on the line in our back yard.

1 comment:

Crystal @ The Thrifty Mama said...

I love Expelled! Ben Stein was brilliant! Great film!