Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Look Back and Laugh: Why Me? Why Now?

For Z's first baby check up I had the GP go ahead and examine me as well just to see if I had a virus of any kind because I had fevers and was feeling terrible. Turns out I just had a baby. Seriously, there wasn't anything going on out of the ordinary, except that postpartum recovery can be a real beating!

At Z's next check up months later, I was fine. Then all of the sudden I started to feel nauseous. I ignored it for as long as I could, but eventually I told the doc how I was feeling and he took one look at me and tossed over the trash can just in the nick of time. So there I am at my SON'S doctors appointment and I am the one puking in the waste can. Then everyone in the office felt inclined to give they're diagnosis, which was that I was pregnant. Then I started to panic. My son wasn't but 4 months old! They gave me a test and as I waited for the results I was praying, dear God, please have mercy on me, I can't handle this. Of course negative and I was feeling better already. I guess my stomach just felt like giving me a dose of unwanted attention.


No comments: