Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Aquaphor



My skin is far from perfect so I don't know why I thought my baby would be any different. He's gone through all kinds of rashes between now and when he was born 17 months ago. First there was from the droolathon, then he got paci rash, and the latest issue has been weather related chapped skin. The best product that I have found in dealing with all of this has been Aquaphor healing ointment. He still gets little red bumps here and there, but it drastically reduced the chapped skin and irritation.

It has multiple uses and can be used on adults too, which I think makes a medicine cabinet must have. The basic purpose of this lotion is for the relief of dry, cracked, or irritated skin. I had a hard time finding it at first. In some stores it is in a smaller tube by the chap stick and moisturizers, while other places actually carry the baby version which is found with baby items, but most grocery stores and pharmacies do have it.

If your baby takes a pacifier and they get redness around the mouth area I recommend putting right on the pacifier (not the nipple, just the ring around it) and it acts a barrier to help with the rubbing and chaffing. This also allows for VERY easy application. That works for me, or I guess I should say works for Z (my baby), and when he's happy everybody wins.



For more Works For Me Wednesday go to
www.rocksinmydryer.net
For more information on Aquaphor check out
www.aquaphorhealing.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Dr.s used it on Zeb when he was in the hospital.
N.L.W.