Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Best Friend

I was born out in the country in house on a hill with only one other house in sight. That would be the home of my best friend Nancy. Our families were really close and did everything together so we shared a lot memorable moments growing up.

The only problem with Nancy, if you want to call it that, was that she was the biggest goody two-shoes l have ever met. I couldn’t get away with ANYTHING when she was around. I remember one time all of us kids were playing pool (or just horse playing with the pool sticks) and one of them ended up broken. We tried to glue it back together, but of course we were found out. When her dad lined all of us up to get the story about what happened, we just stood there, staring at the ground in silence like good little P.O.W.'s. Of course Nancy couldn't take it and she walked right up to her dad and whispered in his ear. We all just rolled our eyes and threw our hands up in the air. I like the fact that she whispered as if we wouldn’t know what it was that she was telling him. What do you expect from a girl that would drink root beer out of a paper bag because she didn’t want it to look like she had alcohol!

I give her a hard time, but she is still my BFF. We even had the necklaces. There is just something about growing up together that creates a special bond. Although we don’t see each other very often we will always be close, which reminds me I need to give her a call.


1 comment:

~ Denise ~ said...

That's a really sweet post! ;)