Monday, February 23, 2009

Guess which one I would wear?

Did anybody watch The Academy Awards last night, or in my case catch glimpses here and there? I went to the movies a total of 3 times last year and they were all comedies. This made the Oscars a little bit of a drag since I had not seen ANY of the films that were nominated. This hasn't always been the case, but now that I am a mom I laugh at the thought of sitting in one place for 2 hours.
With that said, I saw very little of the actual program, but I did get to see Penelope Cruz win for best supporting actress. At first I didn't want her to win because she's gorgeous, she's already successful, she has it all. That is why I was routing for the underdogs , but she was so excited and grateful when she gave her cute little bilingual acceptance speech. I was glad she took the Oscar home. I also caught what should have been the most awkward moment award, presented by Jennifer Aniston. It wasn't that she was awkward, it was that every time she came on stage the camera would strategically shoot a close ups of Brad and Angela in the front row. I guess the drama isn't all about the award winning movies anymore.

Now let's get down to what really matters, the dresses. A couple of my closest girlfriends invented this game when we were in college. It's really silly, but we always had fun with it. We would go to Barnes and Noble and look at Entertainment magazines like US weekly and In Touch. Most of these magazines have pages with side by side comparisons of different actresses fashion ensembles.
We would all guess which one the each of us would wear and when we had decided in our minds, we would share one by one. After a while we really got good at knowing each others styles. It was a great way to feel like you get to go shopping for a designer outfit without really spending anything. Let's give it a try. Here are some of fashion statements made on the red carpet last night.











I will leave my answer in the comment section, don't forget to let me know which one you guessed for me, and which dress you would wear!



The question always came up whether you got the body to go with the dress and we decided sure, why not? As long as we are dreaming we might as well dream big.

6 comments:

Zion said...

Drumroll please... I picked the second dress, the strapless cream one. Although I usually like color (there were a ton of cream dresses last night- BORING) I do love this dress. I was also really captivated by Marisa Tomei's silver dress. It was really exotic, but I am going to have to stick with my original choice.

I would like to thank the academy for this opportunity as well as all those that believed in me along the way. I feel like this is all a dream!

Anonymous said...

I thought it would have been the last one for you. Marisa Tomei's. Oh well what do I know.
I would have picked it for me, too. I like red but that dress did nothing for that woman.
N.L.W.

Becky said...

I actually picked for you the one you picked for you!

And I would wear Angelinas, though I might need some serious logistical support to keep the top up.

Hannah said...

i guessed the right one! :)

Anonymous said...

I would have guessed the first one. Not that red is your color, but more the style. It is similar to the second, but the second looks like a big sports bandage or mummy wrap to me.

Melissa and Erin said...

geez...this was a hard one, that or I'm out of practice! There was much deliberation, it came down to number 1 and 4 and then I couldn't decide between the two. i however was WRONG on both so I'm just gonna have to believe that you've changed your taste in style, because there is no way I could be wrong on both!:) which one did you pick for me?