Wednesday, February 11, 2009

25 Random Facts #6-10



6. I know the Greek alphabet.
In the 6th grade I learned a song that recited all the Greek letters from Alpha to Omega and I still remember it. I guess that just goes to show the power of learning with music.


7. I am extremely sentimental and I love to document life.
Whether it be photos, journals, or just little keepsakes, I am obsessed with wanting to remember it all and to be able to pass it down to the next generation. I guess it makes sense then that my business would be called Memory Weaver.

8. I have a pair of pink cowboy boots that my Aunt wore in a movie with Whoopi Goldberg.
My aunt is an actress in LA and one of her first movies was Burglar with Whoopi Goldberg back in 1987. She wore some pink cowboy boots in the movie and a couple years ago she gave them to me. That's just another one of those sentimental things I plan on hanging on to.

9. I used to be a puppeteer and even competed.
Back in middle school I was a part of my churches puppet ministry. We used black lights, high tech equipment, state of the art puppets, and extravagant sets. We traveled some and competed against other puppet teams. Puppetry is definitely an art form. It is a lot more difficult and a lot more work than you would think. I now look at Sesame Street in a whole new way.

10. My vision is fine, but I wore fake glasses for a while in 2003. It must have caused some kind of infection, because now my son has to wear real ones.
I talked last week about my baby boys latest eye wear. Coincidentally, although I have never needed glasses, I think they are cool. A few years ago I found a pair of glasses that someone had lost and I tried them on, just acting silly. Everyone thought they looked good and encouraged me to wear them. My response to them was "great idea... except I CAN'T SEE!" That is when my friend who worked for an optical center, voluntarily changed the lenses out to be non prescription. After no longer having an excuse I used the glasses strictly as an accessory until it just got old. I still have them and they have come in handy with helping my son to learn to wear his.


Photo: That's me in the glasses 6 years ago.

No comments: