Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Look Back and Laugh: Random Fact #5



Fact #5: I threw up over a cliff in Acapulco, Mexico.

I was in Acapulco on a missions trip working with an orphanage. We kept busy the entire time we were there until one evening we had the opportunity to go to watch some cliff divers climb up 100 feet onto a tiny ledge and then plunge into the Pacific Ocean with style and finesse. I wasn't feeling all that great, but I really wanted to go with the group. We had worked so hard and this was our chance to relax. Everyone crowded in on the side of this cliff packed with hundreds of tourist hoping to catch a glimpse of the acrobatic stunts. Just before the show began, my stomach started doing some acrobatic stunts of it's own and I began to hurl chunks of recently eaten pizza over the edge of the rocks. I distinctly remember looking over at the strangers beside me and muttering "I'm sick". I guess I thought I needed to explain myself.

On the way back down the rocky hillside I continued to make "deposits" every few steps. My biggest fear in that moment was that it would start coming out the other end- if ya know what I mean. I expressed this concern to my husband and his response was "it's okay, we will still love you." Luckily that didn't happen (at least not until I reached a bathroom.) I did however have a lot of tourist accuse me of having too much tequila. It was a rough night, but one thing is for sure, I will never forget our trip to Acapulco.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ok, you gotta' love jeremy's response... i'm sure you felt SO reassured after that. ;)