Saturday, April 25, 2009

The End of Earth... Week.





I can honestly say that I have had a blast celebrating earth day this week. So much so, that we plan on making earth day festivities a new family tradition. For example this week we planted some trees and herbs outside. A few of the photos I took are shown above. We also rode our bikes instead of taking the car to get sno cones, and we were pretty successful at my new goal of keeping the lights off during the day by relying on natural lighting. After a week of this I was beginning to feel one with nature.
Then today when I went out to my car I was greeted by two huge globs of bird poop on the driver side door,
YUCK! It did serve as a reminder for me that nature can be nasty, being green can be tricky, and the most "natural" habits don't always come so naturally. That's okay though because if we are all doing our part to protect God's wonderful earth, even the smallest efforts can only help. Little by little working together we can make a difference, and this week I felt like just maybe I could start to do a little bit more.

No comments: