Thursday, April 2, 2009

Why I love Crocs



I have always liked baby shoes, even before I liked babies. There is just something about seeing a miniature versions of adult shoes that is just adorable to me. However, cute and practical are two different things and now that I am a mom I realize how difficult it is to find a shoe that fits right on those adorable little brick shaped feet. That is where Crocs come in. I love kiddy crocs and I know that Z does too because he wears them every chance he gets. They are the only shoes that he can get on without any help, even if sometimes they are on the wrong feet. He wears them outside when he is getting dirty, which is great because they are easy to clean. He wears them around the house in the nude, he even wears them with pajamas- the footed kind!

The comfort and durability are reason enough to invest, but did you know that crocs can be donated and recycled into new shoes for people in need. How about that? Go to www.solesunited.com for details.

The only thing that you have to worry about with this foam rubbery footwear is that they do shrink in the heat. I know people that have left their crocs in a really hot car for a long period of time and came out with a size that could maybe work for a cabbage patch doll. I accidentally shrunk Z’s crocs in the dryer ( I have no explanation) luckily they were one size too big so they still fit fine.

Someday Z might ask why I had him wearing those hideous plastic looking clogs, but judging by what I see on kids everywhere I go, he won’t be the only one.




This blog post is a part of Things I love Thursday over at the diaper diaries . Check it out!

8 comments:

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Thanks for your review! I need to buy my daughter (18 months old) new shoes, and I've been thinking about Crocs. It's just hard to get past their ugly-ness!! :)

I hadn't visited your blog before, but I really like it!

Denise said...

All my kids LOVE their crocs too. Now, even Hubby & I are wearing them. They may be ugly, but they are definitely comfy! My Hubby's foot Dr recommends them for all his patients, says they are Good for our feet!

Laura said...

My sons are a size too big and he still insists on wearing them. I never really liked Crocs, but I couldnt pass up such a great deal I got on them. :)

Love the picture! Too cute :)

Anonymous said...

My kids love their Crocs too. We've bought 2 sets of summer Crocs and a pair of "winter" (Mammoth) Crocs, and at Christmas, Santa left two pairs of Nadia Crocs boots under the tree!

The kids wear them to death year round, so even though they're expensive, it's been worth it.

Anonymous said...

Naked cowboy watch out.
N.L.W.

Zion said...

YEAH, I thought of the naked cowboy too. Ha ha.

Maria said...

Love Crocs for kiddos also! The picture of Z? Too precious!
BTW, please don't cringe or make fun of me, but I run Princess Pigtail's through the dishwasher--I always use the air dry setting anyway so no chance for shrinkage. They looked brand new!

Becky said...

Oh hurray for crocs! I wash them in the dishwasher too.