Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Look Back and Laugh: Boys Will Be Boys

I used to watch twin boys part time. They lived in an upscale neighborhood in Atlanta where they had two nannies and I was additional help. Their parents were successful veterinarians. They went to a private Jewish school where they took classes like cooking, and french, and all this while they were still in the 1st grade! They both had their own personal computers in their room at a time when computers weren't as accessible as they are today. They were the only kids in a house that had a gigantic fish tank with an exotic eel, several large screen TVs, a poodle, and Cessna.

One night we were eating dinner and the boys were getting a little out of control. They began to dance around the table serenading me with a song they wrote themselves. It sounds sweet, but the words to this song repeated "you don't have a penis" over and over again.

What can I say? This is true, I don't have a penis, nor do I want one. The thing is their was no shortage of things they had they could have taunted me with, but penis? Really? That was probably the one thing that I wasn't envious of. Boys, boys, boys.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

this is my favorite story EVER