Saturday, April 11, 2009

Meet Everybody Else

This week it was my mission to assign nick names to some of the loved ones I talk about on this blog. I got two done, J and Z, not to be confused with Jay-Z, that’s a whole 'nother blog. I kind of planned on doing more, but that’s okay, because although there are many other people that I might write about I can use “titles” other than nick names.

For example:

My parents will be called my mom and dad. Easy enough, I talk about them a lot in real life too and this is what they go by.

I also have my two older brother’s which I will call “my brothers”. Are you sensing a pattern here?

Note to self: Need to take an updated photo with brothers

Then there are my in laws. You may not hear about them as often and it is not because I don’t love them just as much. I do, but while I feel like I know where the line is with what I can share about my own family it gets a little blurry when it comes to the in laws. Treacherous terrain to be approached very delicately.


Then there are my friends

my neighbors

and the others.

I may also throw an occasional curve ball from my past where names have been changed to protect the innocent, but I always clarify when I do that.

Well, I hope this helps make for a smoother writing style as I continue on this blogging journey. Now if I could just find someone to show me how to change text font when embedding a link. Anybody?



Photo captions in order from top to bottom:
My parents with Z
Me and my brothers in 1982
My mother and sister in law with J
Some friends of mine at my baby shower
Me and Z with some of my neighbors
The Others from the show "Lost" representing anyone else I forgot to mention

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

lol at the others :)

Crystal @ The Thrifty Mama said...

HAHAHA! I'm a Lost fanatic! Totally cracked up when I saw "the others."