Monday, April 27, 2009

Kid Swap

Have you ever seen the show Wife Swap? It is not as kinky as it sounds, although it is still pretty ridiculous. The premise is that two families trade moms for a period of time to see what it is like to live with a family or mom that is totally different than what they are used to. It has had numerous controversial episodes as you can imagine.

I would never ever swap families with anyone. I just wouldn't want to put another family through that. I am totally open to swapping children though. Not at the same time, that would defeat the purpose, but the idea is that you can getting some free babysitting by taking turns watching your friend's kids.

I recently made arrangements for Z to be gone for the weekend. The original purpose was because of some scheduling conflicts at work, but when I ended up with a horrible stomach virus I was REALLY glad that someone else was tending to my toddler. The night he left J said “I miss Z already, I don’t know if I can handle a weekend without him”. My response was “Well, you weren’t here when he was grabbing my shirt as I puked my guts out in the toilet, so excuse me if I am not as sentimental as you are about having a break.” Yeah, I can get a little cranky when I am sick. The point is everyone needs some time off once in a while.

1 comment:

Lexi said...

This is so true! Everyone needs a break from loved ones every now and again, it really makes you appreciate/value them more when they return. I am sorry you were ill! I hope you are doing better. Puking is no fun, no fun at all!

I missed seeing you guys at Wesley's party! Hope to see you again soon :)