Friday, March 27, 2009

Cob Webs and Dust Bunnies

As a messy mom it seems that for some reason things that most people would notice are invisible to me UNTIL those people are around, then all of the sudden everything that is out of order in my home mysteriously comes to my attention. For example we will have friends over for dinner and in the middle of conversation I can't help but notice how much dust has accumulated on the light fixture.
How did this happen? I never saw it before? A dust storm must have blown through this afternoon.

For Z's birthday we had a bunch of people over and we brought a lamp into the living room while he was opening presents. When we turned it on it shown brightly overhead to expose the craftsmanship of a tiny spider that had been diligently weaving in the corner of our living room for who knows how long. It was lovely.

That is why this week I am trying to pay closer attention and turn on my "company eyes" the eyes that I only see with when we have company over. Today I worked really hard at dusting and wiping down all the furniture, ceiling fans, and light fixtures. I ran out of steam right about the time I started on the living room blinds, but a little bit is better than nada. I say that now, although someone will probably stop by this weekend and I will think "UH!!! those blinds are terrible!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having been in Real Estate that is an important eye to develop. What you'd you see if you were a perspective buyer. Not that I've achieved that :(
N.L.W.