Monday, March 2, 2009

Why Me? Monday

I had the worst week last week and I should have seen it coming? What I mean is that I should have seen the bird that was flying toward my face when I started loading up my car on Monday.

It all happened so quickly there was no way to avoid it. I walked out the door and right in front of our house are two gigantic 9 foot tall bushes and I guess the birds consider this to be their territory. There I am minding my own business when out of nowhere I am smacked in the face and all I see are feathers flapping and I begin screaming because I am so unguarded. I just barely caught a glimpse of the perpetrator before it flew out of sight, but it looked a lot like a mockingbird. Well, it certainly succeeded in making a mockery out of me! My face stung a little afterward, but I was fine.
I have never had anything like that happen before. I really wanted to believe that it was all just a mistake, that we just happened to bump into each other, but I've seen of few of those birds hanging out in my yard since then and I don't like the way they look at me. I think it must have been a deliberate attack!

It has definitely made me more cautious. Note to anyone reading this, I don't want to be superstitious, but if you ever have a bird fly into your head it could be a bad sign of things to come. At least for me it was.

To be continued...