Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Why Me? Wednesday

This week I am having my own personal pity party and everyone is invited. I wrote about my sons new glasses a few weeks ago. We dropped over three hundred bucks on these miniature frames, but we knew it would be worth it because they were supposed to be indestructible. The optometrist said they had only had one person ever need a repair.

Z does really well with the glasses. Everyone asks us how we get him to keep them on, but he does it voluntarily. The only time he takes them off is when he gets angry. He was in the church nursery on last Wednesday night and he kept trying to knock over the blocks that another child had been building with. They started to get really frustrated with each other and eventually things got physical. Z took off his glasses and you could tell then that he meant business. You do not want to be around when Z takes off his glasses.

I stepped in to mediate and every one went home happy, that was until Z had to go in his car seat. We went through our normal routine of him protesting and arching his back while I strap him in and explain to him the importance of using safety restraints. Then I shut the door and that’s when it happened. I heard something as I shut the door and when I looked down I saw Z glasses which had been smashed in the car door lying in the church parking lot.

The next morning I call up the eye glass store, to become the 2nd customers that have had to replace these glasses. We made it almost a whole 3 weeks.


1 comment:

Becky said...

It is not a good week for eyewear at your house!