Saturday, March 28, 2009

Work In Progress

This week has been deemed my spring cleaning week and I did manage to get a lot done around the house, not that I expect it to stay that way. It's an ongoing resolve.

In the meantime, while I was busy keeping up with domestic projects, my husband was working on remodeling the laundry room.

He basically tore out the backside of our house. He worked around the clock, gutting, insulating, and reconstructing the room to make it more energy efficient as well as aesthetically pleasing. The current status is that the windows have been replaced and the hardy board is installed. There is still a lot left to do before it is complete, but we're off to a good start. Unfortunately my husband did injure his wrist in the midst of all the construction (which also includes a high demand building project at the church). He has been burning the wick at both ends. He does manual labor all day and uses most of his evenings and days off to put whatever is left of his blood, sweat, and tears into transforming a run down house into the perfect home for his family. It just reminds me of his commitment and fortitude as a provider, not to mention how sexy he looks wearing a tool belt.

Between the cleaning and rebuilding I feel a sense of accomplishment. There is a glimmer of hope that allows me to think that maybe we can do this, that our home can be our sanctuary. It's a work in progress though, just like me, just like all of us.

No comments: