Saturday, March 14, 2009

Memorable Weddings

As a wedding photographer I have had so many awesome opportunities to glimpse into the lives of people from many different backgrounds and have even developed some lasting friendships along the way. Here are just a few more memorable weddings that I have had the pleasure of photographing.

The largest wedding I worked at was an Indian wedding. The bride was college roommates with a friend of mine and the groom came in from India to marry her. There were around 700 guests and out of all the women there I was the only one not wearing a Sari. Everything was done on a grand scale and it was beautiful! The bride and groom have been happily married for 2 years now and we still keep in touch.

The smallest wedding I have ever photographed was held at a tiny little Pentecostal church. Their religion does not believe in women wearing make up, cutting their hair, or wearing pants, so it was definitely not what I was used to, but still beautiful nonetheless. There were only about 10 people there for this private ceremony. It was an intimate sacred time for the bride and groom and their families. The couple currently has a precious little girl and baby number 2 is on the way.

These are two extremes that I have seen in the size of weddings and the size of the bridal party vary just as much. The biggest wedding party that I have photographed had 24 attendants which all stood on the platform during the ceremony. Here is a photo of the groom surrounded by the 12 bridesmaids. The bride and groom now reside in California and have a newborn baby boy.
The most "media worthy" ceremony that I have photographed was that of an American Soldier and his bride. This particular photo was featured on Fox news and CNN. Their heart warming love story had news anchors from all over come out to film the ceremony. In 2004 the groom, was serving in Baghdad Iraq when he was hit by an explosion that left him with 3rd degree burns over 40% of his body. His girlfriend at the time pretended to be his fiance so that she could see him while he was in the ICU. When he woke up after being unconscious for several weeks they knew that although the engagement was originally a ploy, their love was not and they were married shortly after. Now 5 years later they are expecting their first baby, a little boy that I am certain will want to grow up to be brave and strong just like his daddy.


All the photos featured this week were taken by Memory Weaver Photography

1 comment:

{amy} said...

Aw! I've enjoyed reading about the weddings. I can't wait to see what you'll talk about this week! {btw~I posted a link to your blog in my blog post yesterday. If that's a problem, let me know, & I'll remove it!}