Friday, March 20, 2009

Mute Math

For Thanksgiving in 2005 my family went down to New Orleans to do volunteer work after hurricane Katrina hit. We linked up with a church there called Victory Fellowship. Since Mute Math is one of my favorite bands I was well aware that this was their home church before they became a wildly successful Grammy nominated band.

The whole time we were there I would go on and on about how we were going to get to see Mute Math. When in all actuality there was no plan to see them at all, for all I knew they could have been on Tour in Europe, but I held out for the slight possibility of a star siting. Every time I brought it up I would get shut down by my family who started to get a little annoyed by my ramblings. We had been there for almost a week with no sign of Mute Math, but it wasn't over yet.

At the end of our trip the church had a special service for prayer and worship and we were given the option of participating. So we went and they had their local worship band playing, which was great, but then guess who showed up? That's right, Paul Meany and Darren King the singer and drummer of Mute Math. It was really cool, we got to meet and visit with them briefly and get some photos taken. This is not how I would have looked if this was all planned ahead, but I had been cleaning up after a hurricane all day so this is as good as it gets.

Here is my husband and brother with legendary Drummer and super nice guy Darren King.

I had seen Mute Math in concert several times. The Alternative Press labeled them as "One Band You Need To See Live Before You Die.” and they do put on a show like no other. Their latest EP Spotlight from the Twilight soundtrack is now available. Paul, Darren, if you are reading this, I am ready for a full length album. Thanks.

3 comments:

Melissa and Erin said...

i would have to agree, they're on my "top 5 live shows i've been to list". ha! i even saw them when they were earth suit and wore those crazy solar shades..."Jesus riding on a white horse....!"

Michele R said...

You know I was looking at the photo of you on your blog in the upper right corner and I was thinking how you look like the character Bella Swan would look like in the book Twilight and then I read this post and see that this band had a song on the soundtrack. Weird!

Zion said...

Thank you Michele, even if it is just that one picture that's a compliment :)