Saturday, January 17, 2009

2008 Memories: Conclusion

This week I have shared some of the most memorable moments from my life in 2008. I talked about when my parents renewed their vows, our trip to Colorado, my son's first word, and my new car. Not really too much to report. We didn't suffer from any natural disasters, we didn't win the lottery or save the world. Yet, when I really stop to think about it a lot has happened.

My son has gone from being a snugly, chubby, baby...


to an inquisitive, rambunctious toddler.


For the past 4 years I have lived with an old kitchen that was falling apart. I had a stove that I had to light by hand that could barely heat to 350 degrees. There was no dishwasher, garbage disposal, or even sprayer hose for that matter.


It may have taken half the year to do it, but it's finally been remodeled. Even as I write this I am sitting by our kitchen window at the booth my husband built and looking at the new appliances, cabinets, and counter tops. I was happy before, but I am truly grateful for this blessing.


This past fall one of my best friends was expecting a baby. Her due date approached and nothing happened. Weeks went by with still no labor. We prayed and prayed for this little one and when the time was right he came. Now they have their healthy, precious, baby boy and we celebrate his life.


My husband's grandmother passed away at the end of the year. We were all praying for this lovely woman that expressed her desire to go home to be with Jesus and when the time was right she went. We've come closer as a family as we remember her and celebrate her life.



Now here we are in a new year and I guess you could say it's just the same old same old, but somehow it adds up to be so much more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

natalie, i didn't know jeremy's grandma passed away... it must have happened just soon after you gave me last update of how she was. i'm so sorry.