Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I want static?

I have spent most of my life trying to avoid static. Whether it be my hair, clothes, radio, or TV, static was never a good thing. Yesterday however all that changed. I wanted my blog to be multi paged like a typical website. As it turns out, (warning for techies: I am probably going to totally botch up this information) there are two types of pages: Static and Dynamic. Dynamic web pages deliver custom content to the user based on a request. Static is a more basic informative page that never changes, it's mainly just text. That is all I want, just a few simple static pages.

That is why yesterday I ended up trashing all the previous work we had done, and reverted back to my original blog design. I realized that with the alternate template I had lost a bunch of gadgets including my site meter, and I couldn't get any static pages which is why I changed everything in the first place. I know this may sound like greek to non bloggers and I am sorry this weeks content isn't the most exciting topic. Or maybe there is nothing you love more than talking about gadgets and static, but for those of you that aren't nerds, I hope to have this all wrapped up soon and get things back to normal again, whatever that is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This design doesn't make me think of you.
N.L.W.