Saturday, January 10, 2009

2008 Year in Review

2008 went by so fast, as did this week. It’s the last day of my Year in Review, and the only things I’ve talked about are, The Writers Strike, The Brangelina twins, and The Pregnant "Man". I never even touched on the biggest events of this past year such as The Olympics, The Election, and the Economic Crisis.

So here is my attempt to sum it all up in a few brief paragraphs.

The Olympics ’08 were monumental and had the entire world captivated for over 2 weeks straight. This is largely due to an American swimmer named Michael Phelps. Ever heard of him? Probably not before he smashed one record after the other, but just look at him now! He had us all on the edge of our seats, waiting, watching, and anticipating. Sometimes it was so close… to a wardrobe malfunction. Okay, maybe it wasn’t all about the ultra low swim suits, but they did have me nervous.

Now onto the election. We already now how historic this event was. So in order to keep it short I will just skip the sentiment and hope that I don’t get ostracized from the internet community because of it. I do want to mention one piddly observation though. This year was the most entertaining election of all time, this was due in part to Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin, and the look alike Saturday Night Live comedian Tina Fey. They really do resemble each other, one major difference is how much Palin was known for her beauty queen image, while Fey, who looks a lot like her, has never really been recognized for her looks. This is funny to me, one women is surrounded by politicians while the other is in the entertainment industry (and we all know what kind of women are in the entertainment industry). So what we have is the funny creative genius and a woman that is considered pretty, but ditzy. Just a little food for thought, with no relevance to the election whatsoever.

Lastly the economy. My economy hasn't really changed much. If it wasn't for the news I might be encouraged by low gas prices, awesome coupon deals, and steady work. In closing, because I would hate to end on a happy note, I should mention that unemployment numbers are on the rise and I am aware that many major banks and corporations are going under which affects a lot of people and in the long run affects us all.

So there you have it- The Messy Mom’s take on 2008. 2009 is here and I am sure it can only get better, right?

No comments: