Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Brangelina twins

This week I am adding in my two cents on the headlining stories of '08. Although it may not have any significance in any of our lives, it was big news when the Jolie Pitt twins arrived. Actually, I guess it was big news before they arrived.

Of course there could be no greater star power than the cosmic couple that is Brad and Angelina, or Brangelina if you are into that sort of thing. It all began with... a divorce, quite frankly. So we are already off to a fairy tale beginning. First comes love, skip the marriage, then comes several babies one after the other in a baby carriage. It really is the classic love story.

I am not trying to bash the Brangelina empire. In fact, I actually feel really bad for them and the lives that they live under the microscope of the media. I was looking in a magazine once where there was a picture of Angelina Jolie, her oldest son, her newly adopted daughter, and a big pregnant belly. The caption was "She already has her hands full, how we she handle the next baby?" and I thought to myself "GOSH. I don't know? No one has EVER had 3 kids before!" Since then the star couple has doubled what was an already shocking number of kids, by Hollywood's standards.

Then when she was pregnant with the twins, their was another headline in bold letters "IT WAS INVITRO." Is it just a coincidence that all of these celebrities, including Jennifer Lopez, and Julia Roberts are waiting til mid to late 30's to start having babies and they all just happen to have twins. 35 is by no means old, but let's just say that in the world of fertility and eggs you are no longer a spring chicken, and having a little help with conception can greatly increase the chance of multiples.
I am not saying that none of these twins were conceived naturally no more than I am than I think that all skinny celebrities with big perky breast have had implants. It does happen. Either way, I don't care.

Lastly, the tabloid rumor that really gets me is, "Angelina pregnant again?" AHHH, I know these are just magazine covers and I need to ignore them, but they just make me either want to laugh or scream. Once again, maybe she is, whatever. What makes me mad is that everybody is always pregnant when it comes to celebrity gossip. If they are going to just throw out false rumors, maybe someone should get a little more creative. When they show the alleged proof of pregnancy by an arrow pointing to a baby bump it usually looks to me like a wrinkle in a shirt. A more accurate headline might be "Angelina had lunch" even that would be a stretch.

Okay, I am done ranting now. Best wishes to Brad and Angelina, and anyone else with twins, or a baby bump, or who maybe just had lunch.

No comments: