Thursday, August 7, 2008

All About The Messy Mom (.com)

What Is The Messy Mom .com?
TheMessyMom.com is an encouraging, humorous, laid back, and entertaining blog. It is not a diary, journalism, or hobbyist blog. It’s just a compilation of observations from my life experiences and our culture.

Every week I pick a different topic and write about it daily. Previous topics have included, cooking, motherhood, technology, and natural child birth. Sometimes I take on a special challenge for the week like cleaning out my closet, eating healthy, or updating my blog. Along with these daily ramblings I hope to also include information that is helpful and inspiring.


The Name
The reason that I chose that name is not because I am proud to be messy or because I feel like that is the phrase that defines me. It is because I wanted to be as transparent as possible with my readers. It’s also a good reminder for me because when things don’t goes planned I remind myself it’s not theperfectmom.com.

The Schedule
I don't know exactly what the weekly topics will be too far in advance, because the moment I think I have it all planned out something happens or I get an idea that offsets everything. However, I have some reoccuring features that happen off and on. Here is a schedule and description of these blog posts.

Monday- City of the Month. I love America and I love to travel. This gives me a chance once a month to share some of my favorite cities as well as highlight some of the best sites and activities to experience while you are there.

Tuesday- Look Back and Laugh is a feature where I share funny/ embarrassing life stories. This is something I would LOVE to see become an open blog carnival. I probably won't have that kind of a following for a while, but until then feel free to post your own Look back and laugh story on your blog and put a link in the comments section. I could always use a good laugh.

Wednesday-Works for me Wednesday some weeks I will participate while others I may not, it depends on whether or not I have anything that works for me that day.


Thursday- “why I love” is basically just my personal review of different products that I use. If I have a "favorite thing" that I feel like sharing this will be the day I do it.



Friday- Froogie Boogie a feature where I talk about ways to stretch a buck, this might also be a part of a blog carnival called “Frugal Friday’s”


Saturday- Super Savings is where I post my great frugal finds for the week, particularly CVS. It has nothing to do with the weekly topic and it is usually in code that only froogie's can understand.

Sunday's- Blogging break

No comments: