Sunday, August 10, 2008

Talitha Cumi

These are the lyrics to a song I wrote about the story of Jairus’s daughter found in Mark 5:35. I felt like the Lord gave me these words. It is hard for me to find the rhythm as a poem since it was originally written as a song, but the meaning remains the same.


Little girl sick lying frail on her bed
Her father said I’ll go find the one who raises the dead

Some doubted saying nothing could be done
And some believed but they all agreed that she was gone

So the father with tears in his eyes
Cried out to Jesus
He said my daughter just died

Then Jesus came to a house full of weeping
And told them this girl is only sleeping

Get up young girl
It’s time to open your eyes
They said that you were dead
But I have said you’re alive


I am just another little girl
Sometimes frightened by a big world

They doubt that he can use my life
And I’ll admit that it can feel that way at times

But when I finally reach the end of my rope
I turn to Jesus my one and only hope

And then Jesus comes to a soul full of weeping
And tells me "You are only sleeping"

Get up young girl,
It’s time to open your eyes
They said that you were dead
But I have said you’re alive


When you feel like your hope has run out
And your mind becomes clouded by these doubts
Just believe in Jesus name
He will raise you up again
He has the power now just as he did
And through His blood you shall LIVE!

No comments: