Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday Poem

Over Again, Again

originally written April 14, 2006


The song and the words are so deep in my heart
The steady beat is strongly seeking its way out

To have a peace that goes beyond the mind
To have a hope that reaches further than doubt

Eyes like a window in a morning full of rain
Finally a silence that can hold me still

Not where I was looking and so unplanned
But was exactly the want I needed to feel

I often forget what I would be without You
This is nothing new in the course of me

And next time will come when it is to come
Never uninvited or forcedly

After You've read me from cover to cover
I realize there is nothing to cover at all

And because I have seen that you're my asylum
I have no reason to fear where I'll fall

While I fall for you deeply again

Over again, again

I know this one is different in rhyme scheme, but it was in me and I feel it is my responsibility to let it out. We all have so much in us something written on our hearts something radical in us. You know how sometimes you can feel it? Take that passion and let it take you; take you into deeper unfathomable places, a place that you were created for and an existence of meaning. I don't want to be too enigmatic here, but hopefully chords will be struck somewhere through it all (maybe even literally).

No comments: