Thursday, August 21, 2008

Why I love Ben & Jerry's




I love ice cream, not soft serve, not generic, but premium quality ice cream. When it comes to this delicious treat I am not a casual consumer, but rather more of a connoisseur. My all time favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry’s and it all began back in middle school when I was introduced to chubby hubby and chunky monkey. Since then I have tried every flavor! In college I would go over to my friends dorm and we would have 5 pints laid out across the table, grab our spoons and dig in. I have been to B&J Scoop Shops all over the country and once in England when I tried the Vermonty Python. Baby Z even has a tie-dye Ben & Jerry’s bib (it is my FAVORITE bib because it’s big and colorful so stains don’t show up) can you spot it in the messy mom header photo shown above?

My favorite Ben & Jerry moment was going to the factory in Vermont to see where all the magic happens. You can order a pint right off the line before it goes into deep freeze to be shipped off. The flavor that day was Caramel Sutra. It was fresh and cold, but it was creamier and my mom and I downed the whole pint by ourselves. Talk about a euphoric experience, AH!

My favorite flavor changes about every year, but for now here they are in order

1. Marsha Marsha Marshmallow (Brookshire’s in Midlothian is the only place in my area that stocks this one)
2. Half Baked
3. Phish food
4. Dublin Mudslide
5. Cherry Garcia

Here I am with my sister in law at the scoop shop in Gatlinburg Tennessee


• Just to be clear, I am not affiliated with any products featured in the “why I love” posts. I am not being compensated for these opinions in anyway ☺

No comments: