Sunday, August 31, 2008

Then This Happened



I griped a lot in last nights blog
because I did have a rough week and I don’t think there is anything wrong with keepin’ it real when thinks aren’t so bright and cheery. However, in the midst of such a hard week including…

Broken glass
Miscommunication
Over sleeping and running late
An unfinished project
Burnt hand
Awkward moment
Miscommunication
Teething
Speeding ticket
Miscommunication

There was this…



What is that? You may ask. That is something my 11 month old son made. He stacked that piece on top of the train and was building for the first time. I was so proud that I had to get my camera because I wanted to remember this moment forever. He did it several times and with blocks too! It is such a joy to see him learning how things go together. I am honored to be a mom. Even in the midst of chaotic times I never ever want to overlook those little moments that make it all worthwhile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I have just stumbled across your blog & I'm loving it!! This post made me tear up! My son is 13 months old & it is fascinating to see him learning new things each & every day! It's the little things in life that keep you going! :)

Anonymous said...

i love this. i was so excited when our youngest started "building" that i made a friggin' video of it! so, yeah, i know where you are coming from!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure this is odd because I told you before I was reading your blog but now I just discovered that my SIL is also reading it =) She never mentioned anything, I am just sure she is the only theerin that I know!
I love your top 10 things about me idea!