Monday, September 1, 2008

City of the Month: Boston



I love to travel. I don’t get to do it all the time, but I have found some places of interest in my 26 years here on planet earth. So I have decided to enhance my blog with an added feature I creatively titled “the Messy Mom’s City of the Month” This month’s chosen city…

BOSTON MASSACHUSETTES

I picked Boston for September because Boston is awesome in the fall. “The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything” even sing about in a Veggie Tales song. Also, with labor day being an American holiday it is a city very rich in our nations heritage, with tons of museums, monuments, and national landmarks.

Travel should be fairly easy considering the public transportation can take you from the airport to just about anywhere you need to go. Otherwise, proceed with caution, it is a big and busy city. Should you decide to brave the traffic watch out for the rotaryand jug handles (we don’t have those were I come from)!

One of my fondest memories of Boston was a crepe shop called Paris Creperie I have said it before, I specialize in eating crepes. This place not only has perfectly scrumptious crepes, but they have a pretty decent coffee, chai, and juice bar as well. If you happened to be dining on a Saturday or Sunday you can enjoy jazz music while you take in the great city around you.

Now, if you are in Boston you are also going to be on the coast of the Atlantic. Among other things you will find breath taking views, beautiful weather (usually) this time of year, and tons of stuff to do. My all time favorite “tourist attraction” would have to be Whale Watching!


When I went, we were on the water for a while before anything happened and although it was relaxing, I was beginning to get discouraged. Then off in the distance our tour guide points out spray coming out of a distant whales blowhole. It was awesome, but that was just the beginning. By the end of the tour we had seen several different kinds of whales, some swimming solo, some together and a hump back whale (you know, like Free Willie) practically doing a private performance for us. I really cannot describe how incredible it was to see these larger than life creatures out in their natural habitat. It was definitely one of the most spectacular things I have ever experienced.

So I hope that my limited knowledge of Boston has given you a little taste of what the city may have to offer. If you have been please feel free to share any travel tips or experiences that you have had!

No comments: