Wednesday, September 24, 2008

TV Challenge: Tuesday, Dancing With the Stars- AGAIN

Turns out I am not the only one That thought the emmy’s was a flop and DWTS (Dancing With the Stars) was a hit, check out this news article from Reuters.com

"Twenty-four hours after co-hosting one of the biggest ratings flops in Emmy history, ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" emcee Tom Bergeron presided over the top broadcast on opening night of U.S. television's new season.
Monday's two-hour season premiere of "Dancing with the Stars" averaged 21.3 million viewers to rank as the night's most watched show and lead ABC to a first-place finish in the overall network rankings, Nielsen Media Research reported on Tuesday."


With that said, I tried to watch the Biggest loser last night, but it just wasn’t keeping my attention. So I switched over to DWTS and got to see a lot more of it this time.

Here is The Messy Mom’s overview of some the characters, I mean contestants

Big Guy

The Ruben Studdard of DWTS- Such a teddy bear. Fun to watch.

Old Lady

Somewhat annoying, yet very entertaining and what a trooper she is. I hope that I have that much energy at her age.

The youngin'

He truly does represent the all American teen. He admits to his hormones interfering with his dance capabilities. Stay focused little Mr. Hannah Montana. It’s hard, but I know you can do it!

Skeletor

Okay this is one that I actually recognized, we all know soap star Susan Lucci. Even the judges told her she should gain a few pounds. I am all about different body types, but when you have a striking resemblance to a holacost victim, I worry. I feel like I am watching former soap star Kelly Ripa 20 years from now.


Bootylicious

She has about as much business being on the dance floor as a bag of potatoes. No rhythm whatsoever, she just sticks out her Botanky (my word for booty) while her dancing partner basically does somersaults around her. My guess is she is next to go.

We will find out tonight at 8/7 central!

No comments: