Monday, September 15, 2008

The Call of Coupons

We were out to lunch with friends yesterday and all the guys were talking about the latest Call of Duty game coming out. Yes, these are grown men. My husband can spend hours on the computer playing this popular combat game. What can I say? I too have my own virtual war going on; I like to call it the Call of Coupons.

Every Saturday I write a blog about the deals I got that week using coupons and post a picture of all the items that were free or almost free. You know that if I go through that much trouble weekly just to document my findings sooner or later I am going to make it my topic of the week. Therefore this week’s series on themessymom.com will be "The Call of COUPONS".

The war is on against inflation and strapped cash. Enlist this week as we go over

Rules and Terms
Band of Sisters
Your weapons of Warfare
Collecting Amo
Hitting the Battlefield
and
Shell Shock

From new recruits to the General I think The Call of Coupons will be fun for anyone interested in saving money on groceries and basic household items. The guys think their video game is a challenge, but they have NO IDEA! This is the real “modern warfare.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice........I'm glad I had a part in inspiring this.