Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I need proof reading advice

It is 12:30 am and I just barely squeezed my last daily blog in before the stroke of midnight! I have tried to be consistent about having my daily blog posted DAILY even if it is by a couple minutes. Anyhow, I know some of you know what it is like to proof read over and over and still miss typos. I hate it when I go back a couple days later and notice the "their" instead of "there" or some other silly thing! It is quite a phenomenon how you read what it is supposed to say when you are the one that wrote it.
Any tips on how to deal with this would be greatly appreciated.
I proof read the last post "call of coupons: band of sisters" probably 3 times and felt like I was finally done editing and was about to go to bed when it occurred to me that I wrote "here are my top 5 picks for coupon related sites" and I only had 4. So rather than come up with the 5th site I just changed to my top 4 picks. If it seems like a random number, that is why.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have 5 sites, you just numbered 3 twice.

Zion said...

THANK YOU AMANDA. LOL I would have never caught that. Maybe I don't need proof reading advice, just help from friends maybe a little more sleep!

Tara @ Deal Seeking Mom said...

It's a little known fact that I'm actually also a transcriptionist and run a transcription blog with a couple of friends in addition to Deal Seeking Mom. You might find these posts somewhat helpful.

Also, one thing that I've found very helpful is to actually go to my blog and proofread my posts on there after I publish them. I often catch small errors this way, and you can check for any of those wacky formatting issues this way too!

Tara