Thursday, September 4, 2008

Trail Dust Birthday




One of my favorite birthdays was when I turned 20 and there was a surprise party for me at Trail Dust Steak House. I wouldn’t say I love Trail Dust so much that I would want to eat there all the time, but I would definitely recommend it as a place to get out of the restaurant rut and have a good time!

When we were traveling in Colorado a couple months ago I happened to see one and assumed that meant it was a national chain. However, after researching the locations it turns out there are a whopping 2 Trail Dust’s total. One in Arlington Texas (that’s the one I’ve gone to) and one in Denver Colorado.

If you are ever near either of these two areas you should definitely check it out. They like to keep it casual so if you wear a necktie they ring a cowbell and come out with a giant pair of scissors to cut it off. The restaurant is covered with cut off ties stapled all over the barn like interior. There is also a dance floor with a live band 7 nights a week. It is a pretty good size restaraunt with a giant slide that goes all the way from upstairs to the lower level and it will make you say WOO HOO!! Yes, it is a “country” themed resteraunt, but I don’t think you have to be a cowboy to enjoy it, anymore than you need to be a geisha to eat at a Japanese restaurant.

The prices are pretty typical for a steak house. There is one 50 oz steak for $38.99 if you have a gigantic appetite, but there are several items listed under $10 if you are wanting to conserve. I should also mention that if you go to www.traildust.com you can sign up for the cowboy club and they will send a printable coupon.

Dancin’, sliding, sweet potatoes, and all kinds of fun, that is "Why I love" Trail Dust Steak House.



As always I am in no way affiliated with the products mentioned in “why I love” and am not being compensated for any of the reviews I give.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes! I love Trail Dust! The slide has always been my favorite. I had no idea there were only two.