Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Poem: Fall

The air feels different
when I breathe it all in
it's like taking in memories
of good times with friends

And family and Turkey
and warm pumpkin pie
Kids waiting for the bus
An early sunrise in the sky

The stars of autumn
red yellow and brown
being tickled by the wind
when they fall to the ground

The bright lights of the football field
the High school king and queen
Buckets full of candy
costumes for halloween

When I remember each moment
I just grin from ear to ear
I know the air feels different
because a new season is here

How could I help, but write about fall today. It is by far my favorite most anticipated season of the year. I love it and everything I wrote just cam spilling out of me this morning because it is exactly how I feel. The air is crisp and different and I am so excited to see what this new season will bring.

2 comments:

Lexi said...

I like it! And I love fall as well, bring on the cooler weather!!

Alana Jo said...

Im a photographer TOO! That makes like a dozen things we have in common. lol. Im in eastern Ky, near the VA border.