Saturday, September 20, 2008

Call of Coupons Deals for the week



WHOA BUDDY! This week I spent $5.19 on $101 worth of stuff at CVS.

I won't go through each of my 4 transactions, but let me break down yesterday's since most of you CVSers will start the same sale tomorrow...

2 Crest Pro Health $2.99 each - 2 $.75 Q (earned $2 ECB's ea.)
1 Nivea Men's body wash- $4.99 -$1 Q (earned $4.99 ECB)
1 Adidas deodorant- $4.99-$1 Q (earned $4 ECB)
1 Ambi Facial wash - $6.99 -$3 Q (earned $3 ECB)
2 Dove Chocolate bars- $2.49 each -$1 Q
6 pack of CVS water- $2.99 -$1 Q
-5 off of $30 purchase (cvs Q)
Total-$34.17
-$13.50 in coupon's
Total after coupon's 20.67
- $16 in ECB's

Total OOP- $4.67

Earned $16 of ECB's

It would have been even better, but they did not have the Loreal product in stock, that would have given me $11 ECB so I improvised with the Ambi cleanser. If your CVS is sold out too, consider subbing in the Ambi products or the Arni Care Pain relief Gel in order to help you get to $30 if you got the $5/$30 Q this weekend.









Curious about the call of coupons? Check out this week's blogs
The Messy Mom: The Call of Coupons
The Messy Mom: Call of Coupons: Rules and Terms
The Messy Mom: The Call of Coupons: Band of Sisters
The Messy Mom: Call of Coupons: Weapons of Warfare
The Messy Mom: Call of Coupons: Gathering Ammunition
The Messy Mom: Froogie Boogie: Low Budget Q Organizer
The Messy Mom: Call of Coupons: The Battle Field
The Messy Mom: call of Coupons: Shell Shock

3 comments:

Crystal @ The Thrifty Mama said...

WTG! My store has been out of the Arnicare. I got lucky and got one at another store today. I also got lucky with the Loreal stuff. I went to a store in a snooty area. Apparently no one around there shops for deals like we do. What's up with that?

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I attempted this "shopping at CVS" at feel totally defeated. Yes, I saved like $20 and got $24 in ECB's, but I still spend $53.00. Granted I now have $24.00 is ECB's, but I've got to do it again next week to be able to spend my ECB's...does the first time always cost the most??

Zion said...

I totally feel your pain, check out my blog The Messy Mom: call of Coupons: Shell Shock, I think it totally applies to your situation. You should have a month before your ECB's expire, so don't feel like you have to spend them all next week. Yes you do spend the most out of pocket the first week. I think I spent about $30. From now on plan on spending about $5 or less per week if you play your cards right. To be honest, I have never accumulated that many ECB's at once (I usually have between$15 and $20) so good for you, that should take you far. Email me if you need any help at all. themessymom@gmail.com