Friday, September 26, 2008

TV Challenge: Thursday, The Office

*SPOILER ALERT*

The office is another one of those shows that we were late getting into, but thanks to episodes online and seasons on DVD were able to catch up. However there are some of you who may not have seen last nights premiere and would rather not have me spoil the surprises. If this is the case, do not read any further.



The office is my pick for Thursday night television. It's pretty laid back, it's got a lot of humor, and unlike most tv series these days it's usually only a 30 minute show.

Last nights episode was full of the usuaI awkward moments and embarrassing conversations that make you cringe. Judging by the premier not too much has changed. Pam's gone and Ryan's back, but you've got to keep things moving somehow. It's not like Lost were you just kill them off. The height of the show was Jim proposal to Pam. The writers did a good job of catching the viewers off guard and sliding this predictable moment in at the most unpredictable time. It was very sweet.

Let's end this blog entry with a quote from everyones favorite assistant to the regional manager, Dwight Schrute:

" Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most."

No comments: