Saturday, September 6, 2008

Baby Z's First Birthday

Well, this week’s birthday themed blogs are coming to a close, but it has been a blast. We did celebrate baby Z's first birthday and I have to admit I had been so focused on out of town guests, parties, presents, and cake that I almost forgot that my baby was turning one! Wow, it feels like only yesterday he seemed so fragile resting in my arms and I would watch in amazement as he would barely open his eyes to peek up at me. Now he is on the go and ready to explore the world around him, but he still looks up at me with those same eyes only now he can say mama and all that happened in one year. It is a pretty big milestone he just crossed, and we went out with a bang. Here are some of the highlights of Baby Z’s First Birthday…

The first party was on labor day with my in laws, it was a pool party. That's the great thing about having a September birthday in Texas it isn’t the sweltering heat of summer, but it still warm enough to swim!



Baby Z eating cake for the first time



He was so tired from the days activities the sugar didn’t even affect him he slept like a rock



We also celebrated on the official birthday



The theme was construction because our house was already decorated for it ha ha.




Baby Z is getting good at this cake stuff



It was such a great time!



Can’t wait til next year, okay maybe I can. Don’t grow up too fast little one.

1 comment:

Jessica Morris said...

Cute!! :)
I love the construction theme!

And that pool looks pretty sweet :)